About Barpeta Girls College

Barpeta Girls College was established on 7th September, 1978 with a view to spreading the light of higher education among the women folk of the District. It is only the women’s higher educational institution in the District of Barpeta. From the very beginning some eminent personalities headed by Late Nibaran Chandra Choudhury has been relentlessly trying to keep this institution alive by dedicating themselves in all sorts of ways. This College has been spreading higher education for the last 32 years among girls’ coming from every nook and corner of the district.

After crossing many ups and downs, the college attained the status of Deficit–Grant-in-Aid on 25th March, 1998. The College was assessed and accredited by NAAC peer team in the year 2004. 5th January, 2007 was a remarkable day in the history of the college, as that very day the college was registered under section 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act, 1956.

We humbly pay our gratitude to all those who have left no stone unturned to make this institution a success and hope that the people of Barpeta will surely extent their love and co-operation to this institution to make it a center of excellence.